Delhi Police to explain inaction against MP Mitrasen Yadav
New Delhi, June 19: A city court today asked the Delhi Police to explain their alleged inaction against parliamentarian Mitrasen Yadav, whose name cropped up during
the probe of a human trafficking case involving fellow lawmaker Babubhai Katara.
"The Investigating Officer (IO) is unable to explain if any steps are being taken against MP Mitrasen Yadav who is similarly placed in the allegations," said Additional Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Kamini Lau, asking a supervisory officer of police to appear before it today for explaining their inaction.
The order came during the hearing of the second bail application of woman accused Kiran Dhar, whose earlier such plea was rejected by the court.
The court was earlier informed that accused Rajender Kumar Gumpa, private secretary of suspended BJP MP Katara and Kiran Dhar along with BSP MP Yadav had allegedly forged the memorandum of association (MoA) of a company, Frigero Conserva Allana Ltd.
"According to the Public Prosecutor Gumpa and Dhar have been shown as directors and one Mitrasen Yadav as Chairman," the court noted.
However, the company, during the probe, denied their role in its affairs saying that they were not on the board of directors, police said.
They forged the company documents to enhance the personal profiles of the prospective emigrants to facilitate the issuance of visa to them, police said.
Considering the allegations against the MP, the court posed a query to the IO who failed to satisfy the alleged inaction against Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price