Delhi road rage: Youth accused of slapping elderly woman arrested
New Delhi: A 22-year-old man was arrested
in the city for allegedly slapping an elderly woman and
dragging her after she advised him to drive cautiously, police
said on Monday.
The arrested youth has been identified as Ashu, who
works in a security company in Gurgaon and resides in
Peeragarhi, a senior police official said. He was caught from
Ashu allegedly slapped and dragged 57-year-old Kiran
Anand, who is reportedly suffering from cancer, on Saturday
evening in Paschim Vihar.
She was riding pillion with daughter Anisha on a
two-wheeler when Ashu`s speeding car suddenly stopped near
them at a traffic signal in Paschim Vihar.
Kiran advised the youth not to drive rashly and that
such an act would land him in trouble as well endanger lives
of others. Enraged at this, Ashu got out of his car and
allegedly slapped Kiran before dragging her for some distance.
"Ashu held her by neck and dragged her for about 20
metres. She has suffered head and elbow injuries," the
official said. She was discharged from hospital yesterday.
The arrest came after police tracked down Ashu whose
car number was noted by Anisha.
Ashu`s car has also been impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown