Demand for Rao’s resignation raises again in TRS
Hyderabad: The demand for resignation of former Union minister K Chandrasekhar Rao from the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president`s post has been raised yet again on Saturday even as the party remained indecisive about taking any action against Medak MP Vijayasanthi, who is apparently quitting the outfit.
The newly-constituted Politburo of the TRS met here today for more than five hours to discuss various internal issues. Most of the members were said to be in a combative mood against Chandrasekhar Rao, who spent not more than an hour at the meeting and left it in a huff.
Former floor leader of the TRS in the State Assembly Vijaya Rama Rao reportedly wanted KCR to own moral responsibility for the party`s drubbing in April elections and step down from his post. None of the other leaders protested to this demand and instead spoke in different voices that only blamed the party president, sources said.
Former MLAs -- A Chandrasekhar and T Padma Rao -- were vociferous in their criticism of KCR and urged him to "reform." They reportedly suggested that all the so-called dissident leaders who quit the party be brought back. "Cajole the so-called dissidents, including Vijayasanthi, and bring them back into the TRS and strengthen the party," they reportedly said.
KCR, however, did not speak anything and left the meeting in a huff.
Party senior leaders Capt Lakshmikantha Rao and Nayini Narasimha Reddy, however, played down KCR`s abrupt exit from the Polit buro meeting and maintained that he left only after "setting the agenda" for the meet. "He had some preoccupation which he had to attend," they said about KCR.
On Vijayasanthi, the TRS leaders said they were awaiting a response from the actress-turned-MP to the notice served on her. "We will soon take a decision on her. Right now she remains the TRS MP only," they pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal