Democracy has triumphed over money power, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK, which preferred to boycott the
assembly polls after failing to clinch a seat-sharing deal
with AIADMK, on Friday hailed the defeat of DMK, saying democracy
"has triumphed over money power".
In the last five years, Tamil Nadu under the DMK`s `dynastic
rule` was experiencing frequent power cuts, rise in essential
commodity prices, failure of law and order among many others,
MDMK chief Vaiko said in a statement.
"People of Tamil Nadu have trounced money power and crowned
democracy," he said.
People`s power had turned into a "giant wave" and swept
away DMK government, Vaiko said.
"Though my party has not been able to participate in the
polls, it has been conducting a series of campaigns against
the DMK," he said.
The voters had sent out a lesson that in future none can
win elections by "misusing their authority", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report