Democracy has triumphed over money power, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK, which preferred to boycott the
assembly polls after failing to clinch a seat-sharing deal
with AIADMK, on Friday hailed the defeat of DMK, saying democracy
"has triumphed over money power".
In the last five years, Tamil Nadu under the DMK`s `dynastic
rule` was experiencing frequent power cuts, rise in essential
commodity prices, failure of law and order among many others,
MDMK chief Vaiko said in a statement.
"People of Tamil Nadu have trounced money power and crowned
democracy," he said.
People`s power had turned into a "giant wave" and swept
away DMK government, Vaiko said.
"Though my party has not been able to participate in the
polls, it has been conducting a series of campaigns against
the DMK," he said.
The voters had sent out a lesson that in future none can
win elections by "misusing their authority", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead