Democracy has triumphed over money power, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK, which preferred to boycott the
assembly polls after failing to clinch a seat-sharing deal
with AIADMK, on Friday hailed the defeat of DMK, saying democracy
"has triumphed over money power".
In the last five years, Tamil Nadu under the DMK`s `dynastic
rule` was experiencing frequent power cuts, rise in essential
commodity prices, failure of law and order among many others,
MDMK chief Vaiko said in a statement.
"People of Tamil Nadu have trounced money power and crowned
democracy," he said.
People`s power had turned into a "giant wave" and swept
away DMK government, Vaiko said.
"Though my party has not been able to participate in the
polls, it has been conducting a series of campaigns against
the DMK," he said.
The voters had sent out a lesson that in future none can
win elections by "misusing their authority", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SBI's Q4 net profit declines 66% on higher provisioning for bad loans
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal Chief Minister: Know more about her
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced