Democracy has triumphed over money power, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK, which preferred to boycott the
assembly polls after failing to clinch a seat-sharing deal
with AIADMK, on Friday hailed the defeat of DMK, saying democracy
"has triumphed over money power".
In the last five years, Tamil Nadu under the DMK`s `dynastic
rule` was experiencing frequent power cuts, rise in essential
commodity prices, failure of law and order among many others,
MDMK chief Vaiko said in a statement.
"People of Tamil Nadu have trounced money power and crowned
democracy," he said.
People`s power had turned into a "giant wave" and swept
away DMK government, Vaiko said.
"Though my party has not been able to participate in the
polls, it has been conducting a series of campaigns against
the DMK," he said.
The voters had sent out a lesson that in future none can
win elections by "misusing their authority", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside