Democracy has triumphed over money power, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK, which preferred to boycott the
assembly polls after failing to clinch a seat-sharing deal
with AIADMK, on Friday hailed the defeat of DMK, saying democracy
"has triumphed over money power".
In the last five years, Tamil Nadu under the DMK`s `dynastic
rule` was experiencing frequent power cuts, rise in essential
commodity prices, failure of law and order among many others,
MDMK chief Vaiko said in a statement.
"People of Tamil Nadu have trounced money power and crowned
democracy," he said.
People`s power had turned into a "giant wave" and swept
away DMK government, Vaiko said.
"Though my party has not been able to participate in the
polls, it has been conducting a series of campaigns against
the DMK," he said.
The voters had sent out a lesson that in future none can
win elections by "misusing their authority", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP