Demonstration after religious books set on fire in J&K
Jammu: Some religious books were set on fire at a place of worship in Bhaderwah town, triggering protests by people who held demonstrations and blocked a road for four hours Friday.
The agitators were angry over some unidentified persons burning some holy books and religious materials last night at the place 200 kms from here, officials said.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest went to offer prayers.
The protesters sat on dharna on the Doda-Bhaderwah road and relented when the authorities ordered a probe into the incident.
Meanwhile, security has been beefed up in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed