Demonstration after religious books set on fire in J&K
Jammu: Some religious books were set on fire at a place of worship in Bhaderwah town, triggering protests by people who held demonstrations and blocked a road for four hours Friday.
The agitators were angry over some unidentified persons burning some holy books and religious materials last night at the place 200 kms from here, officials said.
The incident came to light this morning when the priest went to offer prayers.
The protesters sat on dharna on the Doda-Bhaderwah road and relented when the authorities ordered a probe into the incident.
Meanwhile, security has been beefed up in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days