Dempo to face ONGC’s challenge in I-League on Tuesday
Margao: Hosts Dempo would aim to garner full points against debutants ONGC during the seventh round match in the I-League at the Nehru stadium in Fatorda on Tuesday.
Dempo has had too many draws following which they are in the fourth spot, nine points behind table toppers East Bengal who have 18 points from six matches.
However, Dempo’s coach Armando Colaco is pleased with his team’s overall performance.
“Our boys have played well as a unit, created ample of scoring chances but lack of finishing has let us down. Now that Joaquim Abranches is fit and will play tomorrow along with Ranty Martins, the strike force will be more sharper,” Colaco said.
“The win against Mumbai FC?in the last match has raised the confidence of the boys who will take advantage of the home support to garner full points,” he added.
Dempo will be looking towards playmaker Roberto Silva to lead the attack along with Kalu Nnannu from the middle with able support from the wings by Nicolau Borges and Peter Carvalho.
ONGC, who have four points the same as Viva Kerala and JCT and are placed above the two teams on the 11th spot, would be looking to their new coach Subrata Bhattacharya to arrest their opponents free flowing passes in the middle.
“Dempo is a strong side and it will be difficult to beat them at home. They have good foreigners but we have planned our strategy to counter them and ensure at least a point if not a win in our away match,” Bhattacharya said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!