Dempo to face ONGC’s challenge in I-League on Tuesday
Margao: Hosts Dempo would aim to garner full points against debutants ONGC during the seventh round match in the I-League at the Nehru stadium in Fatorda on Tuesday.
Dempo has had too many draws following which they are in the fourth spot, nine points behind table toppers East Bengal who have 18 points from six matches.
However, Dempo’s coach Armando Colaco is pleased with his team’s overall performance.
“Our boys have played well as a unit, created ample of scoring chances but lack of finishing has let us down. Now that Joaquim Abranches is fit and will play tomorrow along with Ranty Martins, the strike force will be more sharper,” Colaco said.
“The win against Mumbai FC?in the last match has raised the confidence of the boys who will take advantage of the home support to garner full points,” he added.
Dempo will be looking towards playmaker Roberto Silva to lead the attack along with Kalu Nnannu from the middle with able support from the wings by Nicolau Borges and Peter Carvalho.
ONGC, who have four points the same as Viva Kerala and JCT and are placed above the two teams on the 11th spot, would be looking to their new coach Subrata Bhattacharya to arrest their opponents free flowing passes in the middle.
“Dempo is a strong side and it will be difficult to beat them at home. They have good foreigners but we have planned our strategy to counter them and ensure at least a point if not a win in our away match,” Bhattacharya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan