Den Networks raises Rs 100 cr in pre-IPO placement
Mumbai: Leading cable company Den Networks, which is looking at raising Rs 500 crore through an Initial Public Offer, has raised Rs 100 crore through a pre-IPO placement of its shares with a Mauritius-based fund.
EMSAF Mauritius has bought 39.47 lakh shares amounting to
3.92 percent stake in the company for Rs 100 crore in a
pre-IPO placement, a source close to the development said.
The deal values the company at close to Rs 2,500 crore.
When contacted, a company official confirmed the
development, but declined to comment further as it was
awaiting the regulatory approvals for the IPO.
Den is planning to raise around Rs 500 crore through an
initial public offering, thus making it one of the largest
IPOs from the media sector to hit the Indian market.
The total market size for India`s entertainment and media
industry is projected to grow at 12.5 percent per year from
Rs 58,400 crore in 2008 to a total of Rs 1,00,000 crore in
The cable households in India are expected to grow to 13
crore by 2013 from 9 crore at present.
The company has filed the draft prospectus with the
market regulator SEBI for the IPO.
Deustche Bank is the global coordinator and book running
lead manager of the issue while Antique Stock Broking is the
BRLM for the IPO.
The major shareholders of the company include Sameer
Manchanda with 45.20 percent stake, Lucid Systems (15.91 percent), RRB Investment (9.80 percent), Standard Chartered
IL&FS Asia Infrastructure Growth Fund (8.12 percent) and Blue
Eye Entertainment (5.37 percent).
With the recent transaction, EMSAF has become one of the
top-ten shareholders in the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in