Denied ticket, sitting BSP MLA attempts suicide
Lucknow: Apparently upset over the denial of
party ticket for Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, a sitting
BSP MLA on Wednesday attempted suicide by swallowing some poisonous
substance in Unnao district.
Radhey Lal Rawat, BSP MLA from Hasanganj, who was
declared as party candidate from Mohan seat in Unnao, was
upset after J P Rawat was given ticket in his place recently,
The legislator consumed some poisonous substance this
afternoon following which he was rushed to a hospital in
Lucknow, they said.
The condition of the MLA was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy