Denied ticket, sitting BSP MLA attempts suicide
Lucknow: Apparently upset over the denial of
party ticket for Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, a sitting
BSP MLA on Wednesday attempted suicide by swallowing some poisonous
substance in Unnao district.
Radhey Lal Rawat, BSP MLA from Hasanganj, who was
declared as party candidate from Mohan seat in Unnao, was
upset after J P Rawat was given ticket in his place recently,
The legislator consumed some poisonous substance this
afternoon following which he was rushed to a hospital in
Lucknow, they said.
The condition of the MLA was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred