Depressed Tevez visits psychiatrist
London: Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez made three secret visits to a psychiatrist after being allowed back to Argentina to see his family in a desperate bid to cure his depression.
Tevez, 26, is paid 150,000 pounds a week but is struggling with homesickness and losing interest in football because he is missing his two daughters Florencia, 5, and eight-month-old Katie.
Tenez, who separated from wife Vanesa, is dating Argentine actress Brenda Asnicar, 19, whose career prevents her from joining him in England.
Tevez is so upset about the situation that a close friend insisted: “Carlos is on the brink. He’s really hurting and has begged his mind guru: Tell me why I am feeling like this?”
“He normally eats, sleeps and drinks football but his mind’s in another place at the moment. It’s tearing him apart being thousands of miles away from his children,” The Sun quoted Tevez’s friend, as saying.
The shock revelation comes after a tired Tevez stunned fans by insisting he could quit the game altogether after five Christmases without his family.
Tevez, currently out with an ankle injury, sought help during a 10-day break in Buenos Aires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border