Depressed Tevez visits psychiatrist
London: Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez made three secret visits to a psychiatrist after being allowed back to Argentina to see his family in a desperate bid to cure his depression.
Tevez, 26, is paid 150,000 pounds a week but is struggling with homesickness and losing interest in football because he is missing his two daughters Florencia, 5, and eight-month-old Katie.
Tenez, who separated from wife Vanesa, is dating Argentine actress Brenda Asnicar, 19, whose career prevents her from joining him in England.
Tevez is so upset about the situation that a close friend insisted: “Carlos is on the brink. He’s really hurting and has begged his mind guru: Tell me why I am feeling like this?”
“He normally eats, sleeps and drinks football but his mind’s in another place at the moment. It’s tearing him apart being thousands of miles away from his children,” The Sun quoted Tevez’s friend, as saying.
The shock revelation comes after a tired Tevez stunned fans by insisting he could quit the game altogether after five Christmases without his family.
Tevez, currently out with an ankle injury, sought help during a 10-day break in Buenos Aires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi