Depressed Tevez visits psychiatrist
London: Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez made three secret visits to a psychiatrist after being allowed back to Argentina to see his family in a desperate bid to cure his depression.
Tevez, 26, is paid 150,000 pounds a week but is struggling with homesickness and losing interest in football because he is missing his two daughters Florencia, 5, and eight-month-old Katie.
Tenez, who separated from wife Vanesa, is dating Argentine actress Brenda Asnicar, 19, whose career prevents her from joining him in England.
Tevez is so upset about the situation that a close friend insisted: “Carlos is on the brink. He’s really hurting and has begged his mind guru: Tell me why I am feeling like this?”
“He normally eats, sleeps and drinks football but his mind’s in another place at the moment. It’s tearing him apart being thousands of miles away from his children,” The Sun quoted Tevez’s friend, as saying.
The shock revelation comes after a tired Tevez stunned fans by insisting he could quit the game altogether after five Christmases without his family.
Tevez, currently out with an ankle injury, sought help during a 10-day break in Buenos Aires.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state