Depressed Tevez visits psychiatrist
London: Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez made three secret visits to a psychiatrist after being allowed back to Argentina to see his family in a desperate bid to cure his depression.
Tevez, 26, is paid 150,000 pounds a week but is struggling with homesickness and losing interest in football because he is missing his two daughters Florencia, 5, and eight-month-old Katie.
Tenez, who separated from wife Vanesa, is dating Argentine actress Brenda Asnicar, 19, whose career prevents her from joining him in England.
Tevez is so upset about the situation that a close friend insisted: “Carlos is on the brink. He’s really hurting and has begged his mind guru: Tell me why I am feeling like this?”
“He normally eats, sleeps and drinks football but his mind’s in another place at the moment. It’s tearing him apart being thousands of miles away from his children,” The Sun quoted Tevez’s friend, as saying.
The shock revelation comes after a tired Tevez stunned fans by insisting he could quit the game altogether after five Christmases without his family.
Tevez, currently out with an ankle injury, sought help during a 10-day break in Buenos Aires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!