Derbyshire joins Birmingham on loan
Birmingham: Former Blackburn Rovers striker Matt Derbyshire has joined Birmingham City on loan from Olympiakos Pireaus, the Greek club said.
The 24-year-old made just 19 appearances for Olympiakos last season, scoring six goals in a spell that was hindered by injury and loss of form.
"Olympiakos announces that an agreement has been reached with Birmingham for the loan of Matt Derbyshire for one year," a brief statement posted on the Olympiakos website said.
Derbyshire was left out of the Olympiakos squad by coach Ernesto Valverde for the 5-1 friendly against Roma on Aug 13.
Valverde, who recently returned to the club after a one-year absence, signed Derbyshire on loan initially in 2009.
The former England under-21 international`s highlight during his time in Greece was helping his club do the double by scoring twice in the Greek Cup final win over AEK Athens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur