Desmond Tutu becomes baton-bearer for Delhi Games
Bloemfontein: Nobel laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu became the Queen`s baton-bearer for the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
It a momentous occasion for the Queen`s Baton Relay 2010 Delhi at the capital city of Free State Province and Dan-Kgothule, Minister of Sports, received the baton at the airport.
After the staging of cultural performances, the baton was handed over to executive mayor for the relay which started at the Seisa Ramaboudu Stadium, where it stayed for two hours to witness a cultural show and the concluding speeches from various dignitaries.
The baton was felicitated by the South African hockey team and Desmond Tutu then joined the celebrations and participated in the relay, along with about 300 baton-bearers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit