Dethroned Button says will keep fighting to be F1 champion again
London : Ace Formula One driver Jenson Button has said that he will be a champion again soon after shrugging off the loss of his crown.
Button knows he is assured of his place in the history books and is confident he can enjoy more glory before he quits the sport.
"The race in Brazil was my last day as reigning champion. But it won`t be my last as a champion. I will always be a world champion whatever happens in the rest of my career," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"I am not worried about what it will feel like now I am not champion any more," he said.
Button, who will see his successor crowned in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, insisted he wants another crown.
"I`ll always keep fighting. It is not that I am not hungry any more. That is definitely not the case. I definitely want to fight for another world championship and most of this year I have been fighting," he said.
"It was just the last few races that screwed me really. But it is something I love - fighting it out at the front with the best drivers in the world. It is a nice feeling to be a part of that," Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH