Devegowda supports Anna Hazare
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda
on Thursday said that he supported the indefinite fast undertaken by
social activist Anna Hazare for a stronger anti-corruption
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should immediately convene a
meeting of all political party leaders to debate the issue, he
told reporters here.
Gowda, whose party has been waging a battle against the BJP
government led by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa over its
alleged corrupt acts, said he would undertake a campaign
across the state after by-polls to three assembly
By-polls to Chennapatna, Jagalur and Bangarpet seat would
be held on April nine.
BJP has been adopting double standards over corruption in
its government in Karnataka, he alleged and demanded that the
saffron party spell out its mind over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'