Development of backward areas our top priority: Omar
Drass (J&K): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said comprehensive development of backward and far-flung areas, like Drass valley, and bringing them on
the international tourist map are the top priorities of his
The Tourism Department will be directed to explore the
rich potential of Drass and other such areas to attract a
large number of tourists and adventure sports lovers, Omar
said here addressing a public meeting after a polo match.
Drass, the second coldest inhabited place in the world, is
famous for its freezing temperature but we will endeavour to
bring it on international tourist map for its scenic beauty
and wonderful mountains by organising various sports and other
activities, he said, adding there is a greater scope for
private sector to invest in the tourism and sports related
ventures in such areas.
"The government would provide every facility to the
investors in this regard," the Chief Minister said.
He told the gathering "your development and progress
figures on top in our policy planning and every effort would
be made to give considerable fillip to the economic uplift of
Rs 5500 crore and Rs 1200 crore sanctioned by the Centre
under Prime Ministers` reconstruction plan would be
distributed in the state to ensure equitable development of
all areas with additional focus on far-flung and cut-off
areas, the Chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi