Dharamsala stadium to have indoor practice facilities
Dharamsala: The picturesque cricket venue at
Dharamsala, which has been allotted the Indian Premier League
matches for the first time this year, will have
state-of-the-art indoor practice facilities soon.
The indoor facility, to be completed by March this year
with an estimated cost of Rs 8 crore, will have six synthetic
pitches, Joint Secretary of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket
Association (HPCA) Ashim Aggarwal told PTI.
"Best bowling machines have already been acquired to meet
the needs of batsmen. The indoor practise area will be 80 feet
by 150 feet. Besides a rehabilitation centre for the injured
cricketers would also be attached to it," Aggarwal said.
HPCA chief Anurag Thakur, who recently toured South
Africa as manager of the Indian team, said the rehabilitation
centre would provide high quality medicinal, physiotherapy and
sports medicine treatment.
The stadium is scheduled to host two IPL matches in April
-- between Kings XI Punjab and Deccan Chargers on 16th and
between Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on 18th.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living