Dharamsala stadium to have indoor practice facilities
Dharamsala: The picturesque cricket venue at
Dharamsala, which has been allotted the Indian Premier League
matches for the first time this year, will have
state-of-the-art indoor practice facilities soon.
The indoor facility, to be completed by March this year
with an estimated cost of Rs 8 crore, will have six synthetic
pitches, Joint Secretary of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket
Association (HPCA) Ashim Aggarwal told PTI.
"Best bowling machines have already been acquired to meet
the needs of batsmen. The indoor practise area will be 80 feet
by 150 feet. Besides a rehabilitation centre for the injured
cricketers would also be attached to it," Aggarwal said.
HPCA chief Anurag Thakur, who recently toured South
Africa as manager of the Indian team, said the rehabilitation
centre would provide high quality medicinal, physiotherapy and
sports medicine treatment.
The stadium is scheduled to host two IPL matches in April
-- between Kings XI Punjab and Deccan Chargers on 16th and
between Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on 18th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?