Dhoni, National Games winners to be felicitated: D
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Government is all set to announce the date to felicitate Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and the winners of the 34th National Games.
"We have planed to honour Dhoni as well as the sportpersons, who made Jharkhand proud in the 34th National Games held in February by winning medals," Sudesh Mahto, Deputy Chief Minister-cum-Sports Minister said.
While the local lad Dhoni made the country proud by leading India to World Cup victory after 28 years, Jharkhand athletes came up with some impressive performances during the National Games, Mahto said.
"I can assure that the felicitation will be grand and the prize money to be given to the medal winners will be more than any other state," claimed Mahto, adding that necessary instructions have been given to the concerned authorities to prepare for the function.
Asked about the possible dates for the function, Mahto, who was in the steel city to take part in a function organised by his party, said it would not be possible this month as it would depend on the availability of Dhoni.
Referring to the world standard sports infrastructure developed for the National Games, he said it would be utilised for the promotion of sports in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement