Dhyan Chand most deserving for Bharat Ratna: Joshi
Varanasi: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi welcomed the government`s proposal to include sports in the criteria for award of Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian honour.
Joshi said he supports batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar`s name for the honour, but hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand was the most deserving sportsperson and should get it first.
Home Minister P Chidambaram has backed the demand to include sports in the criteria for award of Bharat Ratna. The home ministry has conveyed its recommendation to the Prime Minister`s Office.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram