Di Matteo back at Chelsea as first team coach
London: Former Chelsea midfielder Roberto Di Matteo has returned to Stamford Bridge as assistant to new coach Andre Villas-Boas, the club said on Wednesday.
Italian Di Matteo was a player with the London club between 1996 and 2002 when injury forced his retirement at the age of 31.
He scored FA Cup final goals in 1997 and 2000, the first of which set a Wembley record for the earliest in a final after just 43 seconds.
Di Matteo was previously manager of Milton Keynes Dons and West Bromwich Albion, the club he left in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter