Di Matteo back at Chelsea as first team coach
London: Former Chelsea midfielder Roberto Di Matteo has returned to Stamford Bridge as assistant to new coach Andre Villas-Boas, the club said on Wednesday.
Italian Di Matteo was a player with the London club between 1996 and 2002 when injury forced his retirement at the age of 31.
He scored FA Cup final goals in 1997 and 2000, the first of which set a Wembley record for the earliest in a final after just 43 seconds.
Di Matteo was previously manager of Milton Keynes Dons and West Bromwich Albion, the club he left in February.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video