Di Resta enjoys smooth F1 track debut in Melbourne
Melbourne: British driver Paul di Resta marked his Formula One track debut for a grand prix weekend with the 11th fastest lap during the first free practice for the Australian Grand Prix.
The 23-year old test driver replaced Force India`s regular racer Adrian Sutil for the session on Albert Park circuit and finished one spot above seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher.
Scotsman Di Resta had admitted to a bout of nerves before jumping in the car but was a study in calm after the session, which he said had run "really quite simply".
"It`s just enjoying the moment," Di Resta told a small group of reporters. "We didn`t go into the session thinking about the timesheets, but of course it`s always a bonus when you`re relatively halfway up the grid."
Di Resta, whose team mate Vitantonio Liuzzi was 10th fastest, will drive another practice session in Malaysia next week.
"Hopefully it`s a good foundation to build on for the upcoming races," he added.
"It`s just about building myself up and feeling more comfortable in the environment there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown