`Didnt authorise Vedanti to talk to Nirmohi Akhara`
Ayodhya: A day after Nirmohi Akhara voiced
readiness to cooperate with party of Ram Lala for building a
temple here following talks with a VHP leader, the man who
represented the deity in the court today said he did not
authorise anyone to negotiate on his behalf.
Mahant of the Akhara Bhaskar Das yesterday said senior
member of Ram Janmbhoomi Nyas and VHP leader Ram Vilas Vedanti
met him and the Akhara, which which will get one-third of the
disputed land, is ready to cooperate if it gets prominence in
arrangements made for the construction of the temple.
However, Triloki Nath Pandey, who represented litigant
`Ram Lala Viraajman` in court as his "next friend", said he
has not authorised Vedanti to talk to anyone on his behalf.
Terming Vedanti`s reported claim that he has been
authorised by Pandey to negotiate with Nirmohi Akhara as
"misleading", he said that neither he has any relations with
VHP nor with Vedanti.
"I have not initiated any negotiations with any party --
be it Muslim party or Nirmohi Akhara -- and my name that has
appeared in media is not correct as media has been mislead by
Vedanti and also by Nirmohi Akhara," Pandey said here.
Reacting to Pandey`s statement, Vedanti said, "I did not
go to Nirmohi Akhara as representative of Pandey but as
representative of VHP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur