Didn’t say anything wrong: Shah Rukh Khan
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, who is currently the target of Shiv Sena over his remarks against the exclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL, arrived at the Mumbai airport amidst tight security on Saturday afternoon. Speaking to the media outside the airport, the actor said, “Whatever I will say will be misinterpreted and turned around. I have only said what an Indian would say. I am what I am because of Mumbai. I think there is a misunderstanding. And if (Bal) Thackeray calls me, I will go to meet him at Matoshree.”
While it is clear that SRK is in a mood to compromise, the Shiv Sena too has retracted from its earlier stance. Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray has said that he will allow the release of SRK’s latest film, ‘My Name Is Khan’.
Meanwhile, after an important meeting of the Shiv Sena at Matoshree, Uddhav Thackeray said that the statements in ‘Saamna’ have been misinterpreted and they have not stopped opposing Shah Rukh Khan. He also said that the Shiv Sena would plan further action after Shah Rukh makes his stand clear.
Earlier, Bal Thackeray had said in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’: “Let Shah Rukh release the film with the blessings of the Italian woman (Sonia Gandhi) and Yuvraj (Rahul Gandhi) without any protection and let it run in any theatre anywhere in the country. Sena will not oppose it.”
“Traitors, do whatever you want to do with the blessings of Congress. Sena won`t stop you. Why should the heads of Shiv Sainiks bleed and they be jailed without any reason,” Thackeray wrote.
The actor, who was in the US with co-star Kajol to ring the Nasdaq opening bell as well as to promote his film ‘My Name Is Khan’, had created a huge controversy back home, when he favoured the inclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL.
The change in the attitude of SRK as well as the Shiv Sena appears strange after a huge furore over the IPL issue. The further line of action between the actor and the party remains to be seen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint