Digvijay says he agrees with RSS chief`s statement on Ayodhya
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday said he agreed with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s statement that High Court verdict on Ayodhya issue did not amount to a victory for anyone and asked the Sangh to advise BJP leaders to exercise restraint.
"I agree with the statement that RSS chief Mohan
Bhagwat after the Ayodhya verdict," he told reporters.
"I think Bhagwat should advise both (L K) Advani and
(Ravi Shanker) Prasad not to make statements that could fan
communal passions," the Congress general secretary said.
He said the country had moved far ahead of the days of
the masjid-temple dispute and added that people wanted
peace above all.
Singh said that leaders like SP chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav had issued statements on the Ayodhya verdict hoping to
please the Muslims but "this has not happened".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday