Digvijay says he agrees with RSS chief`s statement on Ayodhya
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday said he agreed with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s statement that High Court verdict on Ayodhya issue did not amount to a victory for anyone and asked the Sangh to advise BJP leaders to exercise restraint.
"I agree with the statement that RSS chief Mohan
Bhagwat after the Ayodhya verdict," he told reporters.
"I think Bhagwat should advise both (L K) Advani and
(Ravi Shanker) Prasad not to make statements that could fan
communal passions," the Congress general secretary said.
He said the country had moved far ahead of the days of
the masjid-temple dispute and added that people wanted
peace above all.
Singh said that leaders like SP chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav had issued statements on the Ayodhya verdict hoping to
please the Muslims but "this has not happened".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...