Dikshit to send her response on Shunglu report to PM
New Delhi: Facing heat in the wake of the Shunglu Committee report, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said Delhi government will soon send a "detailed report" to
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in response to findings of the
probe panel which blamed her and Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna
for delays and losses in CWG projects.
"We will send our reply to the Prime Minister on the
(Shunglu Committee) report. We are studying it now. We will
not hide anything," Dikshit said.
Top Delhi Government officials told PTI that following
directions from the Chief Minister, a detailed report is being
prepared in response to Shunglu Committee findingsr and it
will be sent to the PMO either on Monday or Tuesday.
The Shunglu Committee in its second and third report
on Games Village and City Infrastructure respectively, has
named Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged
inadequacies and financial losses in various CWG projects.
Asked whether the Prime Minister-appointed committee,
probing CWG scams, had examined concerned Delhi Government
officials before finalising its report, Dikshit pleaded
ignorance but said a report on Games expenditure incurred by
various agencies has been given to the panel as well as to the
"I can tell you very categorically that we had sent
details of our (CWG) expenditure..over expenditure or under
expenditure to CAG and Shunglu Committee. We had sent the
details to the Prime Minister, Home Minister and Union Urban
Development Minister," Dikshit said.
The top officials, preparing Delhi Government
response, said the criticism against Dikshit was "indirect" in
nature and the high-level panel even praised the Chief
Minister for her "leadership".
"The Chief Minister took personal interest in the
planning and execution of these projects. While full credit
must be given to the CM for the leadership provided, she also
carries the responsibility for the decisions taken including
those relating to `city image` improvement projects," the
official quoted from the report.
Earlier this week, Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna sent a
216-page response to the Prime Miniter`s Office after the
committee held him responsible for the alleged irregularities
in the construction of the Commonwealth Games Village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing