Dipankar Bhattacharya on a day`s fast
Ranchi: CPI(ML-Liberation) General
Secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya, and his partymen Friday sat
on a day`s fast in support of social activist Anna Hazare,
whose fast-unto-death entered the fourth day.
"About 100 of our partymen are sitting on fast to show
support to Anna Hazare`s demand for the Lokpal Bill, which the
government should immediately accept," Bhattacharya told
newsmen at the Albert Ekka Chowk here.
Claiming that privatisation has led to increase in
corruption, he said, unless the government changed its
policies on privatisation, the corporate sector would continue
to get protection from them. "So we have to change policies to
rein in corruption."
He said partymen were also on a token-fast in major
towns and cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation