Dipankar Bhattacharya on a day`s fast
Ranchi: CPI(ML-Liberation) General
Secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya, and his partymen Friday sat
on a day`s fast in support of social activist Anna Hazare,
whose fast-unto-death entered the fourth day.
"About 100 of our partymen are sitting on fast to show
support to Anna Hazare`s demand for the Lokpal Bill, which the
government should immediately accept," Bhattacharya told
newsmen at the Albert Ekka Chowk here.
Claiming that privatisation has led to increase in
corruption, he said, unless the government changed its
policies on privatisation, the corporate sector would continue
to get protection from them. "So we have to change policies to
rein in corruption."
He said partymen were also on a token-fast in major
towns and cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state