Dipankar Bhattacharya on a day`s fast
Ranchi: CPI(ML-Liberation) General
Secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya, and his partymen Friday sat
on a day`s fast in support of social activist Anna Hazare,
whose fast-unto-death entered the fourth day.
"About 100 of our partymen are sitting on fast to show
support to Anna Hazare`s demand for the Lokpal Bill, which the
government should immediately accept," Bhattacharya told
newsmen at the Albert Ekka Chowk here.
Claiming that privatisation has led to increase in
corruption, he said, unless the government changed its
policies on privatisation, the corporate sector would continue
to get protection from them. "So we have to change policies to
rein in corruption."
He said partymen were also on a token-fast in major
towns and cities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory