Dipankar Bhattacharya on a day`s fast
Ranchi: CPI(ML-Liberation) General
Secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya, and his partymen Friday sat
on a day`s fast in support of social activist Anna Hazare,
whose fast-unto-death entered the fourth day.
"About 100 of our partymen are sitting on fast to show
support to Anna Hazare`s demand for the Lokpal Bill, which the
government should immediately accept," Bhattacharya told
newsmen at the Albert Ekka Chowk here.
Claiming that privatisation has led to increase in
corruption, he said, unless the government changed its
policies on privatisation, the corporate sector would continue
to get protection from them. "So we have to change policies to
rein in corruption."
He said partymen were also on a token-fast in major
towns and cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand