Display of banners, cutouts and wall posters banned in Pondy
Puducherry: Puducherry Administration has
banned with immediate effect erection of cutouts, banners,
posters and other advertisement placards in the Union
The ban would be implemented in letter and spirit, Local
Administration Minister A Namassivayam informed the
territorial Assembly today in response to vociferous demands
from opposition AIADMK and CPI in this regard.
Welfare Minister M Kandasamy said there was definitely a
need for the ban as presently one could see row of cutouts and
other display materials.
Home and Health Minister E Valsaraj said the beauty
of Puducherry should be retained. He said in bigger states
like Rajasthan there was no display of cutouts or banners.
`Why can`t a smaller state like Puducherry emulate this` he
Namassivayam said said even if licences were sanctioned
already (for putting up banners) they would be scrapped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation