Display of banners, cutouts and wall posters banned in Pondy
Puducherry: Puducherry Administration has
banned with immediate effect erection of cutouts, banners,
posters and other advertisement placards in the Union
The ban would be implemented in letter and spirit, Local
Administration Minister A Namassivayam informed the
territorial Assembly today in response to vociferous demands
from opposition AIADMK and CPI in this regard.
Welfare Minister M Kandasamy said there was definitely a
need for the ban as presently one could see row of cutouts and
other display materials.
Home and Health Minister E Valsaraj said the beauty
of Puducherry should be retained. He said in bigger states
like Rajasthan there was no display of cutouts or banners.
`Why can`t a smaller state like Puducherry emulate this` he
Namassivayam said said even if licences were sanctioned
already (for putting up banners) they would be scrapped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city