Djokovic could face Federer in US Open semifinals
New York: Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer could meet in one US Open semifinal, while defending champion Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray could meet in the other.
The draw for the year`s last Grand Slam tournament is being completed Thursday. Play begins Monday.
The top-ranked Djokovic is 57-2 in 2011, and one of those losses came against Federer in the French Open semifinals.
A year ago at Flushing Meadows, Djokovic beat five-time US Open champion Federer in the semifinals.
The possible men`s quarterfinals are No. 1-seeded Djokovic against No. 7 Gael Monfils, No. 3 Federer against No. 8 Mardy Fish, No. 2 Nadal against No. 5 David Ferrer, and No. 4 Murray against No. 6 Robin Soderling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption