Djokovic out of Davis Cup with sore knee
Halmstad: Top-ranked Novak Djokovic has withdrawn because of a left knee injury from his singles match for Serbia against Sweden in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
The Wimbledon champion will be replaced by Janko Tipsarevic, who will face Ervin Eleskovic. Sweden`s Michael Ryderstedt will play Viktor Troicki in the opening match on Friday.
It was unclear whether Djokovic would be back for the reverse singles on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!