Djokovic out of Davis Cup with sore knee
Halmstad: Top-ranked Novak Djokovic has withdrawn because of a left knee injury from his singles match for Serbia against Sweden in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
The Wimbledon champion will be replaced by Janko Tipsarevic, who will face Ervin Eleskovic. Sweden`s Michael Ryderstedt will play Viktor Troicki in the opening match on Friday.
It was unclear whether Djokovic would be back for the reverse singles on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport