Djokovic out of Davis Cup with sore knee
Halmstad: Top-ranked Novak Djokovic has withdrawn because of a left knee injury from his singles match for Serbia against Sweden in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
The Wimbledon champion will be replaced by Janko Tipsarevic, who will face Ervin Eleskovic. Sweden`s Michael Ryderstedt will play Viktor Troicki in the opening match on Friday.
It was unclear whether Djokovic would be back for the reverse singles on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter