Djokovic out of Davis Cup with sore knee
Halmstad: Top-ranked Novak Djokovic has withdrawn because of a left knee injury from his singles match for Serbia against Sweden in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
The Wimbledon champion will be replaced by Janko Tipsarevic, who will face Ervin Eleskovic. Sweden`s Michael Ryderstedt will play Viktor Troicki in the opening match on Friday.
It was unclear whether Djokovic would be back for the reverse singles on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site