DMDK election office gutted in fire
Coimbatore: An election office of the Desiya
Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam at Kanuvai on the city outskirts,
was gutted in a fire that broke out in the wee hours on Friday.
The thatched roof of the temporary shed, erected
for the August 18 Thondamuthur assembly bypoll and some chairs
and tables were destroyed in the fire, party sources said.
A complaint has been lodged with Thudiyalur Police
staion, they said.
The party president, Vijayakanth, is scheduled to address
election meetings in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state