DMK and CPI reiterate plea for full statehood to Puducherry
Puducherry: The opposition DMK and CPI here today asked the Centre to concede the demand of the territorial assembly to confer full statehood on Puducherry.
Puducherry DMK convener M.A.S.Subramanian told reporters that DMK was in full support of the plea for statehood.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy should call on the Prime Minister, the UPA chairperson and also DMK patriarch M.Karunanidhi to seek their cooperation for statehood for Puducherry, he said.
Puducherry CPI Secretary R.Viswanathan said CPI on its part is preparing a statement to highlight the necessity for statehood and charged the Congress with adopting a `double standard` on the issue.
CPI national council member N.Kalainathan said there should be adequate powers for elected government. `Any IAS officer deviating from the decisions of the elected ministry should be recalled as they cannot call the shots and rule the roost` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das