DMK-Cong alliance vote bank intact in TN: TNCC
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu President KV Thangkabalu on Saturday claimed that the DMK-Congress Alliance vote base was intact despite losing few seats in the recent Lok Sabha elections and it would post a thumping victory in the August 18 bypolls for five assembly seats.
Launching the campaign for the Thondamuthur constituency, where MN Kandasamy of Congress is contesting, Thangkabalu said that no alliance or parties would be able to defeat the alliance, which has the support of the masses.
DMK-government led by M Karunanidhi in the State was successful in achieving development and growth in two-and half years, what was expected in the five year term.
He said the party workers should seek votes on the development and ``good schemes`` being provided by both the Centre and State governments.
Thangkabalu inaugurated an election office in Goundenpalayam, where State Rural Industries Minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy was present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post