DMK-Cong alliance vote bank intact in TN: TNCC
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu President KV Thangkabalu on Saturday claimed that the DMK-Congress Alliance vote base was intact despite losing few seats in the recent Lok Sabha elections and it would post a thumping victory in the August 18 bypolls for five assembly seats.
Launching the campaign for the Thondamuthur constituency, where MN Kandasamy of Congress is contesting, Thangkabalu said that no alliance or parties would be able to defeat the alliance, which has the support of the masses.
DMK-government led by M Karunanidhi in the State was successful in achieving development and growth in two-and half years, what was expected in the five year term.
He said the party workers should seek votes on the development and ``good schemes`` being provided by both the Centre and State governments.
Thangkabalu inaugurated an election office in Goundenpalayam, where State Rural Industries Minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy was present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur