DMK-Cong alliance vote bank intact in TN: TNCC
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu President KV Thangkabalu on Saturday claimed that the DMK-Congress Alliance vote base was intact despite losing few seats in the recent Lok Sabha elections and it would post a thumping victory in the August 18 bypolls for five assembly seats.
Launching the campaign for the Thondamuthur constituency, where MN Kandasamy of Congress is contesting, Thangkabalu said that no alliance or parties would be able to defeat the alliance, which has the support of the masses.
DMK-government led by M Karunanidhi in the State was successful in achieving development and growth in two-and half years, what was expected in the five year term.
He said the party workers should seek votes on the development and ``good schemes`` being provided by both the Centre and State governments.
Thangkabalu inaugurated an election office in Goundenpalayam, where State Rural Industries Minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy was present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news