DMK demands Rs 1000 relief & 10 kg free rice for c
Puducherry: DMK on Monday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy announce a relief package of Rs 1,000 and 10 kg of free rice to each of the families covered under the public distribution system as relief from the heavy rains.
Party local unit Convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the administration should not delay relief distribution and also wanted government to decide bonus for workers in various government undertakings immediately.
He said it was regrettable that workers in PASIC and some other Public Sector Undertakings had not been paid wages for the last 13 months and demanded speedy steps to disburse arrears and bonus for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP