DMK demands Rs 1000 relief & 10 kg free rice for c
Puducherry: DMK on Monday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy announce a relief package of Rs 1,000 and 10 kg of free rice to each of the families covered under the public distribution system as relief from the heavy rains.
Party local unit Convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the administration should not delay relief distribution and also wanted government to decide bonus for workers in various government undertakings immediately.
He said it was regrettable that workers in PASIC and some other Public Sector Undertakings had not been paid wages for the last 13 months and demanded speedy steps to disburse arrears and bonus for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!