DMK demands Rs 1000 relief & 10 kg free rice for c
Puducherry: DMK on Monday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy announce a relief package of Rs 1,000 and 10 kg of free rice to each of the families covered under the public distribution system as relief from the heavy rains.
Party local unit Convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the administration should not delay relief distribution and also wanted government to decide bonus for workers in various government undertakings immediately.
He said it was regrettable that workers in PASIC and some other Public Sector Undertakings had not been paid wages for the last 13 months and demanded speedy steps to disburse arrears and bonus for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`