DMK demands Rs 1000 relief & 10 kg free rice for c
Puducherry: DMK on Monday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy announce a relief package of Rs 1,000 and 10 kg of free rice to each of the families covered under the public distribution system as relief from the heavy rains.
Party local unit Convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the administration should not delay relief distribution and also wanted government to decide bonus for workers in various government undertakings immediately.
He said it was regrettable that workers in PASIC and some other Public Sector Undertakings had not been paid wages for the last 13 months and demanded speedy steps to disburse arrears and bonus for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof