DMK pleased over announcement of price for sugarcane
Puducherry: DMK has welcomed the announcement by
Chief Minister V Vaithilingam in the budget presented in the
Assembly that the farmers would be paid an enhanced price of
Rs 2000 per ton of cane purchased by the mills from the ryots
during the next crushing season.
A spokeman of the local unit of the DMK said Friday
that they had requested the government in this regard some
time back,taking cue from Tamilnadu government`s announcement.
Confederation of Indian Industry (Puducherry) has also
welcomed the announcement that foreign investors promoting
electronic industries here would be extended incentives. The
new president of the CII here M S Vijayaraghavan said that the
budget for fiscal 2010-2011 was industry friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution