DMK warns of `massive agitation` on law and order
Puducherry: DMK`s youth wing on Monday threatened
to launch a massive agitation in Puducherry if the government
failed to take effective steps to maintain law and order.
Former legislator and convenor of DMK`s youth wing R Siva
told reporters today that incidents of intimidation and
robberies of merchants, house and property owners and French
nationals are on the rise.
There were also instances of police not registering cases
or delaying taking complaints, he said, adding women also did
not feel secure, especially those travelling by buses.
The government should ensure security to all the
people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city