DMK warns of `massive agitation` on law and order
Puducherry: DMK`s youth wing on Monday threatened
to launch a massive agitation in Puducherry if the government
failed to take effective steps to maintain law and order.
Former legislator and convenor of DMK`s youth wing R Siva
told reporters today that incidents of intimidation and
robberies of merchants, house and property owners and French
nationals are on the rise.
There were also instances of police not registering cases
or delaying taking complaints, he said, adding women also did
not feel secure, especially those travelling by buses.
The government should ensure security to all the
people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown