Do not to abuse Adebayor, Wenger asks Arsenal fans
London: Arsene Wenger has pleaded with Arsenal fans not to abuse Manu Adebayor.
Manchester City`s 25 million pounds strike ace faces his old club for the first time at Eastlands today, and Gunners boss Wenger said: "I want all our former players to be respected."
"They have done fantastic things for us and they should get our full respect for that," he was quoted as saying.
Wenger, verbally abused by United fans at Old Trafford last month, added: "City got a great striker and we got a reasonable price."
City boss Mark Hughes reckons Adebayor, 25, is angry at the way Arsenal fans treated his summer signing.
"I think Emmanuel is upset. It`s certainly something that has affected him quite deeply. He has no problem with Arsenal Football Club itself because he sees it as a huge part of his football life," Hughes said.
"But you just sense, and he`s said it himself, he can`t quite understand why the Arsenal fans turned against him. I think that`s maybe why we`re getting the benefit of how he`s playing.”
City fans love him. I`d suggest they have never seen a player like Manu in a blue shirt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch