Doc held for hiding minor rape victim`s delivery
Jalandhar: Police on Friday arrested a gynaecologist, who assisted the delivery of a minor rape victim, who abandoned her premature male baby in the hospital.
The doctor identified as Dr HK Bedi of Sharanjit
Hospital, had assisted the delivery of a seven month old
foetus and then kept the matter concealed on July 27, police
Instead of informing the authorities, while knowing
the mother was a minor, she handed over the baby to a Jain
couple and sent the baby to the nursery of local Life Line
Hospital, police said.
The girl, a resident of village Boparai near Nakodar,
in her statement recorded before a magistrate under section
164 of CrPC had alleged that the hospital staff had told
her that the baby had died.
Sarabjit Singh, Superintendent of Police when contacted
said that a doctor, his wife, mother of the accused Sonu were
also wanted by the police and search was on for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers