Doc held for hiding minor rape victim`s delivery
Jalandhar: Police on Friday arrested a gynaecologist, who assisted the delivery of a minor rape victim, who abandoned her premature male baby in the hospital.
The doctor identified as Dr HK Bedi of Sharanjit
Hospital, had assisted the delivery of a seven month old
foetus and then kept the matter concealed on July 27, police
Instead of informing the authorities, while knowing
the mother was a minor, she handed over the baby to a Jain
couple and sent the baby to the nursery of local Life Line
Hospital, police said.
The girl, a resident of village Boparai near Nakodar,
in her statement recorded before a magistrate under section
164 of CrPC had alleged that the hospital staff had told
her that the baby had died.
Sarabjit Singh, Superintendent of Police when contacted
said that a doctor, his wife, mother of the accused Sonu were
also wanted by the police and search was on for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police