Dog parade marked a difference!
Thrissur, Oct 19: It was a passing out parade with
a difference, with 12 dogs completing their nine month long
training course at the Kerala Police Academy here.
This is the first batch of dog squad which completed the
training programme along with their 24 handlers and assistant
handlers at the academy.
Kerala Home Minister, Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, took the
salute at the passing out parade.
Five German Shepherds and seven Labradors, who came from
various districts of the state, passed out from the academy.
The dogs have been trained to track criminals and sniff
out and detect explosives and narcotics and have been
categorised into two groups-- `Trackers` and `Sniffers`.
The modern training kennel at the Academy here can
accommodate 30 dogs at a time which can be trained in both
tracking and sniffing operations.
These dogs are deployed in the airports.
Earlier, the training of dogs and dog handlers had been
done at BSF Academy, Tekanpur. Except Kerala, all other south
Indian states continue to send their dogs to Tekanpur for
The dogs underwent extensive training involving basic
skills, obedience and agility exercises. Specialised training
was imparted in the second phase, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news