Dolgopolov breaks tour duck at Umag
Umag: Ukrainian second seed Alexandr Dolgopolov won his first career title on Sunday when he defeated home favourite and fourth seed Marin Cilic 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 in the Croatia Open final.
The 22-year-old Dolgopolov, ranked at 26 in the world, had come into the tournament on a poor run of form, having lost his past four matches.
However, the right-hander didn`t drop a set en route to the final, including victory over defending champion Juan Carlos Ferrero in the semi-finals.
"I hadn`t won a title and everyone was talking about that a bit. So I`m really happy that I eventually did win it, because I was playing pretty well for a year, but still I couldn?t manage to win a title," said Dolgopolov.
"It`s a good moment. I`ll keep on working and try and get higher and higher in the rankings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends