Dolgopolov breaks tour duck at Umag
Umag: Ukrainian second seed Alexandr Dolgopolov won his first career title on Sunday when he defeated home favourite and fourth seed Marin Cilic 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 in the Croatia Open final.
The 22-year-old Dolgopolov, ranked at 26 in the world, had come into the tournament on a poor run of form, having lost his past four matches.
However, the right-hander didn`t drop a set en route to the final, including victory over defending champion Juan Carlos Ferrero in the semi-finals.
"I hadn`t won a title and everyone was talking about that a bit. So I`m really happy that I eventually did win it, because I was playing pretty well for a year, but still I couldn?t manage to win a title," said Dolgopolov.
"It`s a good moment. I`ll keep on working and try and get higher and higher in the rankings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!