Domestic car sales jump 36.7%, bikes up 42.4% in Nov
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales jumped 36.7 per cent to 1,13,687 units in November, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said today.
The passenger car sales stood at 83,121 units in the same month last year.
According to the data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) today, motorcycle sales were up 42.4 per cent at 6,14,274 units in November compared to 4,31,171 units in the same month a year ago.
The total two-wheeler sales in November surged by 39.3 per cent to 7,90,613 units from 5,67,502 units in the same period last year.
The sale of commercial vehicles almost doubled to 40,874 units in the last month compared to 20,631 units in the corresponding period last year, SIAM said.
The total sales of all vehicles across categories rose by 45.7 cent to 10,37,133 units in November this year, compared to 7,11,363 units in the same month last year, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?