Domestic car sales jump 36.7%, bikes up 42.4% in Nov
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales jumped 36.7 per cent to 1,13,687 units in November, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said today.
The passenger car sales stood at 83,121 units in the same month last year.
According to the data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) today, motorcycle sales were up 42.4 per cent at 6,14,274 units in November compared to 4,31,171 units in the same month a year ago.
The total two-wheeler sales in November surged by 39.3 per cent to 7,90,613 units from 5,67,502 units in the same period last year.
The sale of commercial vehicles almost doubled to 40,874 units in the last month compared to 20,631 units in the corresponding period last year, SIAM said.
The total sales of all vehicles across categories rose by 45.7 cent to 10,37,133 units in November this year, compared to 7,11,363 units in the same month last year, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption