Don`t be swayed by global recovery, SEBI tells investors
Mumbai: Market regulator SEBI on Wednesday
cautioned investors against getting carried away by the recent
advances in the stock market following the global economic
"The worst (of the global financial crisis) is behind,
but the market should not get carried away with the euphoria,"
SEBI Chairman C B Bhave said at a conference here.
SEBI`s remarks assume importance as the benchmark equity
index, Sensex, has surged by over 75 per cent this fiscal to
The US, Japan and the 16-nation Euro Zone have come out
of recession. But doubt persists over the strength and
sustainabality of the recovery.
In India, the financial meltdown saw a slowing down of
the economy. Exports have dipped for 13 straight months by
11.4 per cent to USD 12.5 billion in October and industrial
growth stood at around 9.1 per cent in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire