Don`t be swayed by global recovery, SEBI tells investors
Mumbai: Market regulator SEBI on Wednesday
cautioned investors against getting carried away by the recent
advances in the stock market following the global economic
"The worst (of the global financial crisis) is behind,
but the market should not get carried away with the euphoria,"
SEBI Chairman C B Bhave said at a conference here.
SEBI`s remarks assume importance as the benchmark equity
index, Sensex, has surged by over 75 per cent this fiscal to
The US, Japan and the 16-nation Euro Zone have come out
of recession. But doubt persists over the strength and
sustainabality of the recovery.
In India, the financial meltdown saw a slowing down of
the economy. Exports have dipped for 13 straight months by
11.4 per cent to USD 12.5 billion in October and industrial
growth stood at around 9.1 per cent in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj