DR Congo pull out of African Nations Cup bidding race
Brazzaville: The Democratic Republic of Congo have withdrawn their bid to host the 2015 or 2017 African Nations Cups, leaving just Morocco and South Africa in the running, the Confederation of African Football said.
African football`s governing body will decide in January on the outcome of the bids but with just two countries left in the running it will only have to allocate one tournament to each.
The next Nations Cup finals in 2012 are being co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, after which the tournament switches from every even year to every odd year.
The 2013 finals have been awarded to Libya.
Morocco and South Africa were serious rivals for the right to host the 2010 World Cup which went to South Africa. Both have previously hosted the Nations Cup, Morocco in 1988 and South Africa in 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested