Drogba double moves Chelsea four points clear
London: Chelsea took advantage of Manchester United’s slip-up at Everton when they won 2-0 at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday to go four points clear of the champions at the top of the Premier League table.
Didier Drogba took his tally to 25 in all competitions with both goals as Chelsea climbed to 61 points from 27 matches, four clear of United, who lost 3-1 at Everton in a lunchtime kickoff.
Third-placed Arsenal closed the gap on United to two points with their 2-0 win over Sunderland at the Emirates Stadium where Niklas Bendtner scored after 27 minutes and Cesc Fabregas scored a stoppage-time penalty.
Dimitar Berbatov put United ahead after 16 minutes at Goodison Park, but Everton won with goals from Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (18 minutes) and substitutes Dan Gosling (76th) and Jack Rodwell (90th).
West Ham United pulled away from the relegation zone and left Hull City perilously close to it following their 3-0 win at Upton Park where Hull had Craig Fagan sent off. Valon Behrami, Carlton Cole and Julien Faubert scored for the Hammers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel