Dubai in line to bid for 2020 Olympics
Dubai: Keeping in mind the city`s magnificent sporting infrastructure, Dubai is seriously thinking of bidding for 2020 Olympics, UAE Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has said.
The Dubai ruler praised the city`s sporting infrastructure during SportAccord, the world`s largest sports convention here yesterday.
Claiming that Dubai has "a lot to offer" to the Olympic movement, Sheikh said he will continue to assess "the costs and benefits" of the bid.
Sheikh, however, said that Dubai will bid for the 2020 Olympics only if he is sure of winning it.
"We would not take such a step unless we are quite serious about it," he said.
Sheikh admitted the fact that though Dubai has hosted international events before, it was not on such a large scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing