Dynamo Kiev rehire Russian coach Semin
Kiev: Dynamo Kiev have rehired the Russian coach Yuri Semin who took them to their last league title in 2009, the Ukrainian Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Semin replaces former Ukraine, Dynamo and Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny, who was named the club`s caretaker coach in October following the resignation of Valery Gazzayev.
In his first spell with the club between 2008-09, Semin guided Dynamo to their 13th league title but lost to their arch-rivals Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi-finals.
"We have agreed all the details of my work here," Semin, who was sacked by Russian Premier League side Lokomotiv Moscow last month after a disappointing season, told local media.
"Signing a contract is a pure formality," added the 63-year-old, who will be officially unveiled as Dynamo coach on Friday.
At the midway point of the season Dynamo lie in second, twelve points behind leaders and champions Shakhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH