Eager Bolt already surprising training rivals
Kingston: World and Olympic 100 and 200-meter champion Usain Bolt has already surprised his training partners and served notice to his major rivals about his hunger to defend his world titles in 2011.
Bolt, a notorious latecomer to practice sessions, was the first person at the track on Monday`s first day of workouts in advance of the 2011 season.
Bolt said he was "anxious" to begin training and "eagerly looking forward" to next season, especially the IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea next August.
The 24-year-old Caribbean speedstar plans to defend the 100 and 200 crowns he won in world-record time last year at Germany, the marks of 9.58 seconds and 19.19 seconds merely the latest shock times by the Beijing Olympic sprint king.
Bolt raced 11 times, seven individually, this year but stopped his 2010 season early on the advice of doctors because of a lower back problem after missing a month earlier in the season because of a tight Achilles tendon.
Bolt was a loser in his final appearance of 2010, dropping a 100m race in August to US rival Tyson Gay in Sweden before complaining of lower back problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?