Early exit for Indian archers in World Cup
Kolkata: Olympian Dola Banerjee and Deepika Kumari bowed out at the pre-quarterfinals, while the Indian archers faced an early elimination in the individual round of the Archery World Cup Stage III at Ogden in the USA.
According to information received, only Dola and Deepika could manage to reach the pre-quarterfinal round before bowing out on Thursday.
Dola fell to Shanshan Zhu of China while Deepika lost to Joo Hyun-Jung of Korea.
L Bombayla Devi was defeated by Dola in the second round while Punya Prabha was defeated by Justyna Mospinek of Poland in the first round.
Tarundeep Rai fell to to Sebastian Rohrberg of Germany in the second round as veteran Mangal Singh Champia was no match to Elian Cuesta of Spain in the opening stage.
Kapil lost to Fujun Yong of China in the first round and debutant K Shiva Shankar bowed to higher-ranked Oh Jin Hyek of Korea.
Earlier, on Wednesday, the men’s team stood third overall with a total points of 1982.
The women’s team ended sixth overall with 1915 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal