Early exit for Indian archers in World Cup
Kolkata: Olympian Dola Banerjee and Deepika Kumari bowed out at the pre-quarterfinals, while the Indian archers faced an early elimination in the individual round of the Archery World Cup Stage III at Ogden in the USA.
According to information received, only Dola and Deepika could manage to reach the pre-quarterfinal round before bowing out on Thursday.
Dola fell to Shanshan Zhu of China while Deepika lost to Joo Hyun-Jung of Korea.
L Bombayla Devi was defeated by Dola in the second round while Punya Prabha was defeated by Justyna Mospinek of Poland in the first round.
Tarundeep Rai fell to to Sebastian Rohrberg of Germany in the second round as veteran Mangal Singh Champia was no match to Elian Cuesta of Spain in the opening stage.
Kapil lost to Fujun Yong of China in the first round and debutant K Shiva Shankar bowed to higher-ranked Oh Jin Hyek of Korea.
Earlier, on Wednesday, the men’s team stood third overall with a total points of 1982.
The women’s team ended sixth overall with 1915 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report