EC bans telecast of exit polls in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Election Commission of India
has banned telecast of exit polls related to January 30 Punjab
Assembly Elections from Wednesday evening.
"The ban on telecast of opinion/exit polls in Punjab
would commence 48 hours before the first phase of polling,
i.e., 48 hours before Manipur goes to the poll on January 28,"
Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab said in a release here.
He said the clarification has been issued in view of
confusion as to when the ban on telecast of opinion polls
starts in the state which will witness polling for 117-seats
on January 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?