EC bans telecast of exit polls in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Election Commission of India
has banned telecast of exit polls related to January 30 Punjab
Assembly Elections from Wednesday evening.
"The ban on telecast of opinion/exit polls in Punjab
would commence 48 hours before the first phase of polling,
i.e., 48 hours before Manipur goes to the poll on January 28,"
Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab said in a release here.
He said the clarification has been issued in view of
confusion as to when the ban on telecast of opinion polls
starts in the state which will witness polling for 117-seats
on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men