EC bans telecast of exit polls in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Election Commission of India
has banned telecast of exit polls related to January 30 Punjab
Assembly Elections from Wednesday evening.
"The ban on telecast of opinion/exit polls in Punjab
would commence 48 hours before the first phase of polling,
i.e., 48 hours before Manipur goes to the poll on January 28,"
Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab said in a release here.
He said the clarification has been issued in view of
confusion as to when the ban on telecast of opinion polls
starts in the state which will witness polling for 117-seats
on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...