EC clean chit to Jayant Chowdhury
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Election Commission
today gave a clean chit to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit
Singh`s son and Rashtriya Lok Dal leader Jayant Chowdhury who
was caught on camera accepting money from a local leader in
Mathura and allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
After examination, it has been found that there was
no effort to woo the electorate by offering money and Rs.
51,000 which were seen changing hands were being given for
poll management, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Anita Meshram
The RLD candidate would mention it in the expenditue
register which would also be checked by the expenditure
observer, she said adding the Returning Officer`s report in
this regard is being sent to the Election Officer.
According to the report, gram pradhan Than Singh was
giving the money to the candidate for election management.
A notice was sent to Chowdhury by the EC earlier this
week seeking his explanation after he was caught on camera
accepting money at Govardhan Assembly constituency.
Besides Chowdhury, a notice was also given to
party candiadate from Goverdhan Megh Shyam Singh.
The Assembly constituencies that fall under Mathura
will go to vote on February 28.
Chowdhury, a sitting MP from Mathura, is also contesting
Assembly polls from Maant seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy