EC clean chit to Jayant Chowdhury
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Election Commission
today gave a clean chit to Civil Aviation Minister Ajit
Singh`s son and Rashtriya Lok Dal leader Jayant Chowdhury who
was caught on camera accepting money from a local leader in
Mathura and allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
After examination, it has been found that there was
no effort to woo the electorate by offering money and Rs.
51,000 which were seen changing hands were being given for
poll management, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Anita Meshram
The RLD candidate would mention it in the expenditue
register which would also be checked by the expenditure
observer, she said adding the Returning Officer`s report in
this regard is being sent to the Election Officer.
According to the report, gram pradhan Than Singh was
giving the money to the candidate for election management.
A notice was sent to Chowdhury by the EC earlier this
week seeking his explanation after he was caught on camera
accepting money at Govardhan Assembly constituency.
Besides Chowdhury, a notice was also given to
party candiadate from Goverdhan Megh Shyam Singh.
The Assembly constituencies that fall under Mathura
will go to vote on February 28.
Chowdhury, a sitting MP from Mathura, is also contesting
Assembly polls from Maant seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt