EC notice to RLD leader Ajit Singh’s son
Lucknow: A notice has been issued to
Rashtriya Lok Dal leader Jayant Chowdhury, son of Civil
Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, for allegedly violating the
model code of conduct at an election meeting in Mathura.
"We have sent a notice to Chowdhury seeking his
explanation. He was caught on camera accepting money at
Govardhan Assembly constituency in Mogarra area here," ADM
(City) Ram Awatar Raman said.
Chowdhury was yesterday caught on camera while he was
accepting money (about Rs 70,000) during an election meeting
He then passed the cash to his party candidate, who
returned the money to him. Chowdhury later passed the cash on
to his brother-in-law, who was accompanying him on the
The Assembly constituencies that fall under Mathura will
go to vote on February 28.
Chowdhury, sitting MP from Mathura, is also contesting
Assembly polls from Maant seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi