EC seeks report on violation of model code by Cong
Lucknow: The Election Commission on Wednesday sought
a report from the district election officer of Lucknow on a
complaint lodged by BJP, accusing Congress of violating model
code of conduct.
"A complaint was lodged by BJP alleging that an
advertisement of central government was aired on radio on
February 27, which is a violation of model code of conduct, on
which report has been sought from Lucknow DEO," joint chief
electoral officer Anita Meshram told reporters.
She said that action would be taken in accordance with
the report submitted by the DEO.
Earlier, in the day a delegation of BJP including
state general secretary Vindhyavasini Kumar and spokesmen
Satyadeo Singh and Vijay Bahadur Pathak met the JCEO and
submitted the complaint.
"An advertisement regarding works done by Prime Minister
for minority welfare was aired on the radio immediately after
the regional news on February 27," Pathak said today.
He alleged that it was an attempt to influence the
electorates in favour of Congress during ongoing assembly
Pathak said the party has asked the EC to conduct an
inquiry into the incident and initiate action against those
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list