EC to conduct `preparedness` test for Gujarat officials
Vadodara: In a first, Election Commission of India is conducting a special test for Returning Officers(ROs) from 40 Assembly constituencies in Gujarat to ensure "error free" polls slated for next month.
"The purpose behind organising Orientation Finishing Touch Test (OFTT) is to conduct forthcoming elections sans any error," official sources said today.
All returning officers from 40 Assembly constituencies of Central Gujarat will take the test, which will have 30 multi-choice questions, on November 19 at Godhra, around 80 kms from Vadodara, they said.
These 40 constituencies fall in the five districts of Vadodara, Kheda, Panchmahal, Dohad and Anand.
All District Election Officers (DEOs) have instructed respective ROs to study the rulebook and latest directives of EC thoroughly before appearing for the test that is being conducted for the first time in Gujarat.
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi, who is coming on Gujarat visit on November 19, will hold a high-level meeting with the poll officials from five districts at Godhra.
According to sources, Zutshi will review the preparedness for the Assembly elections to be held on December 13 and 17.
Issues like law and order situation, enforcement of Model Code of Conduct, deployment of security forces and electoral staff, vulnerable pockets, complaint monitoring system, implementation of district election monitoring plan, expenditure monitoring are likely to discussed at the meeting, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh